The CCM Summary
Client Centric Marketing is efficient, uncomplicated, and becomes part of your everyday work.
Client Centric Marketing is built on:
- Permission and cooperation
- Authenticity and trust
- 1. Worldview and The Darth Vader Complex
Worldview is the bias that individuals bring to every situation. For the Financial Industry, approximately 90% of the market, including your best clients and qualified prospects, share the “not to be trusted” worldview of the industry – that Advisors are takers, they’re out for themselves. We call this the Darth Vader Complex. It may be hard to hear but it’s actually a good thing – because now you know that not addressing the Darth Vader Complex limits your growth. The change occurs when you develop your Great Marketing Story.
- 2. Develop A Great Marketing Story
- A Great Marketing Story is the cornerstone of CCM
- It is skillfully crafted and is wholly different from what most Advisors have been doing their entire career.
- It differentiates us from other Advisors in our market
- It isn’t about your facts and figures and accomplishments – they don’t work to build trust or interest
- It’s about the speaker subtlety addressing their worldview of the listener and who they are
- Clients and prospects immediately see and feel the difference
- It makes your audience feel good – and it makes you feel good
- 3. Developing the Dormant Assets You Already Have… The Game Changer
Advisors capture far less than half of their high quality, best clients’ “assets”. These “assets” are warm introductions to and endorsed 1st appointments with the quality friends and colleagues of an Advisor’s current and future best clients.
The productivity potential of these “dormant assets” dwarfs the revenue Advisors already have in hand. However, they are mostly undeveloped and dormant.
- It begins with identifying within the top 20% of your client base, the clients you want to duplicate
- Taking in a number of factors, this identification is not routine or superficial
- Our selective client targeting is simpler, more efficient, and ultimately more rewarding than spending time on individuals who are not right for the process
- It indicates your best candidates for an advocacy understanding.
- 4. Marketing The Retirement Resource Center
The Retirement Resource Center* is not a bricks and mortar place. It’s actually branding the way you currently conduct your business.
- It’s the free financial education and free financial advocacy that Advisors have always offered to warm, qualified prospects and qualified clients
- The RRC directly counters the market’s widely held belief: that when it comes to Advisors “it’s all about them”
- The RRC essentially takes the “you” out of the equation
- It’s what clients and prospects want and it’s what you’ve always done
- Your clients and prospects see you shifting your attention to them
*The RRC is the name we use. Advisors can choose a name that is more specific to their own practice.
The Five Minute Open is a simple and quick phone call to a “qualified best client” giving you permission to meet with them to tell your story and ask the Advocacy question – Will they provide warm, personally endorsed introductions and first appointments with their high quality friends and colleagues?
- It is specifically crafted to identify which of your best clients, the clients you want to duplicate, are most likely to become your advocate
- It touches on the needs and beliefs of your market, so most clients will give you permission to proceed to the One Hour Close.
- The end goal of the Five Minute Open is to ask and receive permission for a meeting – The One Hour Close – to discuss with a client we’d like to duplicate, their becoming an advocate for The RRC.
- 6. The One Hour Close
The One Hour Close is an in-person meeting where an Advisor has the client’s permission to share their Marketing Story and discusses the details of The Retirement Resource Center and how it came to be.
- Advocacy is described in detail
- Key client take away is that the RRC is highly beneficial to them, their friends and colleagues.
- Key benefit to us is that our client advocates provide qualified warm introductions on an ongoing basis.
Many Advisors begin to meet and conduct first appointments with the qualified friends and colleagues of their client advocates within several of weeks of the One Hour Close and before the CCM course is completed.