* “Selling” is giving.
* Giving time, giving attention, giving counsel and education, giving empathy and value and understanding that it is impossible to “make a sale.”
* The concept of giving is very good news, because it means that anyone can be great in sales. You might think to be great at sales you must have a great personality or understand closing tactics really well. These ideas miss the point.
* Because it’s not about you, it’s about them.
* You can define your job description in three words: I create value. You don’t create value in order to create a sale or “in order to” anything. The idea is to create value, period.
* So we must willingly suspend our self interest and not act generously in order to create a strategic result. It’s to act generously period. The concept of giving is very good news, because it means that anyone can be great in sales.
* It’s a paradox. If you go about creating value for others with the ulterior motive of receiving more value yourself, it tends to show through on some level and sabotage the result.
* So, our focus shifts from getting to giving.
( *edited from the writings of Seth Godin, preeminent member of the World Marketing Hall Of Fame)
Client Centric Marketing It's about them