First take a little reality check quiz – and be brutally honest.
- Do you have a great marketing story? How do you measure it’s effectiveness?
- Does it work to create brand new qualified first appointments?
- Does it move people to talk about you to their friends?
- Does it differentiate you?
- Does your marketing story show clients and prospects that you understand them and their predominant worldview? [Post March 1, 2016]
- Does it focus on your prospects and clients and not on you?
- Does it work to make your clients dedicated advocates, trumpeters who want to tell the world about you? [Post February 8, 2016]
- Is your marketing story remarkable?
- Does it make you remarkable?
Kick Ass Story Tips
- Ultimately your story is not about you, it’s about your clients, client’s friends and prospects. No one wants to hear you sell yourself.
- Respect and speak to the worldview of your clients/ prospects . [Post December 9, 2015]
- Tell smaller stories within your story that work to build empathy, create curiosity, evoke emotions and establish a sense of community. Dig deep inside to find what’s real and powerful.
- Share with your clients/prospects how you or someone close to you overcame challenges/struggles similar to theirs.
- Stay relevant. A story that resonates with your client/prospects lives will very quickly gain traction.
- Be Remarkable by being easy. Effective stories allow you’re clients/prospects to draw their own conclusions. No convincing, cajoling or telling them what to do. No facts or figures. No Resume!
- Above all, be sincere. It’s the only way to establish trust. Anything less will be completely transparent.
- Great stories are effective because they inspire action. Inspire your clients/prospects with your humility.
A Kick Ass story will help you create lots of new qualified 1st appointments with qualified prospects personally introduced by your best clients … within 60 days and for the rest of your career.
"Client Centric Marketing™ "Building Your Business From The Inside Out"