If helping more people and growing your business is your dream, dream big.
Talking and working with Financial Advisor’s every day, we’ve learned that the Advisors who have the most success are inevitably those who have been willing to look outside of their bubble for solutions – because being in the bubble gets them the same unsatisfactory results over and over again.
These Advisors recognize that when something isn’t working, they have to find a way to fix it. By being open to the idea of finding more effective ways of doing things, they create new opportunities for consistent growth.
So, if you are frustrated by the lack of consistent new activity and 1st appointments, here are the initial steps that will enable you to help more people and create consistent revenue and business valuation growth.
- Once you recognize what’s not working, have an open mind. Look everywhere for solutions, including outside the bubble.
- If you’re going to dream about goals, dream big. For example, if you’re dreaming of 5-10 new first appointments per year, why not dream about 20-30 instead. If you learn how to do 20 – 30, you can always scale back.
- If you’re going to dream about more new activity, why not dream about more new warm or hot activity with qualified prospects instead.
- If you’re going to dream about creating new activity through referrals, why not instead dream about creating new activity through warm introductions from your best clients to their qualified friends and colleagues.
- Look for solutions that will provide results that are measurable within a specific time frame.
- And remember: when new prospects come to you they come because they need help. They don’t know exactly what their issues are. They don’t know what kind of solutions are available to them. And because they’re not financial people, they can’t figure it out for themselves. So they look for an Advisor who will be their advocate, their guide and their teacher. But, of course, if that advisor doesn’t provide results, the prospect/client looks elsewhere.
Shouldn’t you be doing the same thing when you’re not achieving the results you desire? Because like your clients, you also have a valuable asset that’s a key piece of your retirement plan. It’s your business. And like your clients’ assets, shouldn’t you be looking at ways to effectively grow it?
If you’re dreaming about the success you want instead of achieving it, look for answers, try something different and measure it. If the results aren’t there in 60 to 90 days, stop and look for something new. And just like your clients, get the best guidance and help you can find – to turn you big dreams in to reality.
The Bellis Method™
“Building Your Business From The Inside Out”